Inspiration. Essence. Substance. Different ideas. A journey living the art of surfing. Photography, poetry, soul. Dreams coming true. Our life is a vortex moving continually in time and space. We believe in destiny.

Inspiracao. Essencia. Substancia. Ideias diferentes. Uma jornada vivendo a arte de surfar. Fotografia, poesia, alma. Tornando sonhos realidade. Nossa vida e' um buraco de vacuo se movendo continuamente no espaco, no tempo. Nos acreditamos em destino.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Astronauta





I would like to write about my brother now... so... I'm gonna do that... My brother is gnarly. Seems cheesy. But its not. You don't even know. It's a honor being his brother. I was a such of an "asshole" older brother. These days I realize that was a naive thing. I think that was my way to make him very special. Since we were little kids playing soccer, and he was young, but I would trust him and I'd put him in the team, as defense, and I would tell him... "don't let anybody pass you!! go for the ball and kick it away from here!!" He always did a really good job. I was always proud of him. But I also gave him some hard time. He was always so committed. He was so loyal to his older brother. Then I realize I was everything he has to look up for. And... another thing I realized, is... he became the person who he is, is because of that. But he just went so faraway. He just not made the family name bigger... he made my name bigger. I remember when my friends would come to me and say: "Guto was surfing very good today!!" That would make me surf better. We carry the Morelli legacy. Our Dad was an amazing sports man and was a professional soccer player for AVAI in the 60's.
Suddenly my brother was putting himself in situations that make people's jaws drop. It's pretty insane when you don't make any money, you don't have to prove anything to anybody (besides your older brother), and you go for broke. Surfing huge waves, just for fun... or.. to prove something... either way... It's Psychedelic!! Guto did it! He became a legend! He is a Legend!! I'm so proud of him! "Good job Brotha!! Te amo irmao!!"

(photos: Kate Wade and Emily Sanford at the TurfClub, Guga "Snow8" Hoeschel after the thanksgiving turkey, and the cat Erin)

No comments: