Inspiration. Essence. Substance. Different ideas. A journey living the art of surfing. Photography, poetry, soul. Dreams coming true. Our life is a vortex moving continually in time and space. We believe in destiny.

Inspiracao. Essencia. Substancia. Ideias diferentes. Uma jornada vivendo a arte de surfar. Fotografia, poesia, alma. Tornando sonhos realidade. Nossa vida e' um buraco de vacuo se movendo continuamente no espaco, no tempo. Nos acreditamos em destino.

Friday, October 11, 2013

◙ Dada Figueiredo ◙ 88 ◙ Raro ◙ by joaoarcruz ◙

When I was a teenager, Dada Figueiredo changed the way I looked at surfing. And pretty much changed my life, and I'm sure a lot of other people's as well. When I saw him surfing at Guarda do Embau, I went in and sat on the rocks to watch gnarly approach. In 1986 or 87 I saw him surfing a couple heats at the Hang Loose Pro at Joaquina Beach and he got ripped off, he would surf so much better than the australians and americans, but just because he wasn't an international star, he would get so underscored. He had a lot of problems out of the water because he was a "punk rocker" drinking a lot, spending many nights in the bars and making trouble. Now he is clean, became a religious person, a father of three, runs a surfing school in Rio de Janeiro, and continuous to shape surfboards.

No comments: